Jun 11, 2006

NIHIL

So this is the first longer form (more than 10 minutes) project I did while in college at the University of Alabama during the Fall/Spring '95/'96 . This was not a class project this was just for experience. This was shot on VHS. This was also one of the first times I used a light kit. It was a lowell similar to what I have now except with no gels. Not that I knew how to use them then anyway. I cut this with 2 VHS editing VCR over the course of a few months.

Rarely was a tripod used to shoot this thing. Pak Nichols shot a lot of the chase scene. He doesn't remember doing it, but he did. That involved shooting from a racing Mazda Protege while either I or Co-Director Matt Terry was driving.

At one point during production the police intervened to insure that we weren't really chasing each other all over campus with guns.

There was not a formatted script just an outline of scenes on a piece of paper which you can see coming out of my back pocket during certain moments of the elongated chase scene.

No comments: