Nov 2, 2006

FIRE & WATER

This group of frame captures contain water and fire together. I really like the way the colors of water in shade (it kind of goes to blue -diffuse sunlight) and fire complimet one another. Not to mention the 1000 shutter speed giving each droplet of water it's own character.



After seeing scramble winner, "The Peanut Business", I have really wanted to play around with water elements in conjunction with shutter speed. The regimented mist playing over image content almost makes it seems like a painting. This is soemthing that you canalso see inAkira Kurisawas "Dreams" during the peach orchard resurection. I should also say that in still form these images take on different life than when in motion. The way sun rays play against the mist and cast shadow through thicker water streams -very compelling.








I should also mention that I had favorable conditions in terms of natural lighting. The front of the structure was facing away from the sun so that as I shot towards the flames I was getting good edge and backlight effects (as above-nozzle)

2 comments:

Clurg said...

Your tech knowledge is pure lunacy!

Great stuff.

Surely, there are some decent docs out there on firefighters. If not, that sounds like a great idea.

Then again, are there any firefighter docs made by a firefighter?

Anonymous said...

These pics look really nice...