Aug 4, 2006


Here's me struggling with the XL1 during the last shots of "See You On the Other Side". At this point Adam had begun editing and handed the camera over to Kyle and myself to finish up this last scene with a Second Unit. This was my 2nd time to shoot with the XL1. The first time was durig the video taping of the removal of a colostamy bag in a shakey mobile home. Just keeping it real! Anyway. I do not like the ergonomics of the XL1. Sorry but focus is a monkey. In my opinion, I came up short on this scene. I made a lot of simple mistakes. I didn't get a good White Balance so the Party Blue registered more like Blacklight making reds go neon orange. Also when I set the lighting I didn't notice that the camera's gain was at plus 6db which introduced digital grain to the shots. So in retrospect I probably needed to push the light closer to the scene and obviously needed to concentrate more on a proper white balance. Thus is the waysof 48 hour movie making competitions. Live and learn. Posted by Hello

No comments: