May 29, 2006

SURVIVOR ON THE QUAD


This is a feature length documentary that I edited back in 2000. We had 70 hours of footage covering this week long event. I cut it on a Media 100 system with limited space so it was a linear/nonlinear edit process. The narrative was broken up into days. So I would cut 1 or 2 days and then lay them out to tape, delete media, redigitize and move on to the next few days until the entire narrative was cut. It was a "survivor" of a project. It involved 3 months of editing. I have to say that in the end I think the narrative is somewhat more compelling than the actual show. Because it is feature length you get to know the characters more. It was shot more like a documentary than a show so it kind of ping pongs in style. Neat learning experience.  Posted by Hello

No comments: